04 December 2011

The Best Medicine

Yet again, I am sick. Seems like all I do this semester is get sick!
I figured that you, my friends, are also sick once in a while. For that, I prescribe my favorite medicine: lots and lots of laughter.

How do I propose that you get lots and lots of laughter?

Community.

Seriously, if you aren't watching this show, you are truly missing out. Community has a stellar cast including Joel McHale (eye candy, let me tell you!), Chevy Chase, Donald Glover, and Ken Jeong. The show is in its third season, and it has only gotten funnier as time goes by -- and if you are a college student, you will be able to appreciate so many of the absurd situations that they get into.

Community is also a part of a trend that I've noticed on TV. Suddenly, it's really hip and cool to be, well, uncool. Nerds, geeks and people who usually wouldn't fall into the category of 'glamorous' are suddenly the heroes and heroines of primetime. Hallelujah!

Now, my post isn't only because I love watching Community. Sadly, NBC has decided to put Community "on the bench" because of low ratings. So, in a heartening social movement, the show's fans have rallied to support it and let NBC know that the ratings don't reflect how great of a show it really is. And I'm one of those fans.

Here's what some people have been doing to try and support the show:

savecommunity! by Jon Defreest


Chaos Theory Goatee from AOL


If you love the show and want to support it -- you can follow the official twitter account @NBCcommunity or follow some the cast like Joel McHale or Donald Glover (who are both actually really awesome outside of being in Community). Use the hashtags #savecommunity #sixseasonsandamovie or #12seasonsandathemepark to get the show trending!


Alright, alright, I'll leave you alone now. But hey! Watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment