11 December 2011

Kimbra, Settle Down

Once in a while, I stumble upon a new (I use that loosely) artist that I just really fall in love with. Right now, that artist is Kimbra. Her song "Settle Down" was the free video on iTunes a few weeks ago, and I downloaded, and then forgot.

Then a friend posted this video (thank you, arthur) of Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye, and I remembered that she was really interesting! So I watched everything she's got on youtube, and let me tell you -- not only is she really pretty, her songs are smart and beautiful. Plus, we kind of dance the same, so that's encouraging. Watch this, it's fun:


How great, huh? You should watch the video for "Settle Down" as well, its very intriguing and evocative.

Are you hooked? Her EP, also titled Settle Down, is available. It's totally on my Christmas list.

(PS: She's Australian. Cool, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment