26 October 2010

Halloween 2010: Wrapped Wreath

Back for more? Sick people, you readers. Welcome to the club!

Today I wanted to share with you a cute idea for your front door this spooky season. I've seen hundreds of ideas for wreaths for every season and for no season at all, so unfortunately I can't give credit to any one source. However, I'll link to a few similar ideas at the bottom, just in case you want some other options!

Spooky Ribbon Wreath!

First your materials:

1 straw wreath (mine came from michael's)
20 yards of 1 1/2 inch ribbon (i used satin in two colors!)
+ another 5 yards ribbon (i used sheer black)
glue
patience (you might run out...)

Step 1: Attach your ribbon to the wreath.



Step 2: Wrap the ribbon around your wreath slowly, securing with glue if you think it's necessary. (If you are using two colors, like me, leave a ribbon's width between each wrap, then come back and fill it with your other color.)
I also stapled mine, thinking it would work, but I just used a regular paper stapler and it fell out after a few minutes. A nice thought, though.



Step 3: Tie a sheer ribbon in a long loop around your wreath, and hang it up! Ours will soon be hanging on the front door here, and then traveling home to do the same. :)



Easy, right?
Hopefully that will give you enough information to jump right in. I still haven't hung my on the door. Maybe I'll go do it right now!
Any fun last minute projects for me? We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment