19 December 2009

Dorm Decor: Christmas Edition

Ah, dorm life... It has it's ups and downs, it has it's cupboard sized years and it's suite-style eras.

This year we (the roommate, Nicole and I, that is) happen to live in a suite style dorm. It's pretty nice, but those white walls can get old after a while! Most of all, it's just a shame to walk down the hall and see so much of the same boring wooden door. Like a sad little sub-division of houses, all the same.
---

So in some cheery Christmas spirit, I got a cheap roll of wrapping paper from the local drugstore and decked the hall! (Haha - ah, terrible pun.)

I also jumped on the bandwagon and threw some paper-cut silhouettes on there to replace the name pieces that our residence assistant usually sticks on. Nice, eh? I'm telling you, once you get a silver pen, you final all kinds of uses for it. I got mine at Michael's, and it's a fine tip.
---
But really, it's pretty simple. Cut the paper to size (I needed Nicole's help for that) and then stick it up with tape. The cutout for the peephole was a a little ragged. Exacto knives are nice, but if you are just cutting with a hope that it's accurate, that's less helpful!

I'm back at home now, and helping my mom decorate around our house. The inside is mostly finished, but the outside still needs some light.

Do you have any favorite semi-crafty decorating ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment