15 July 2010

Well Written

When trawling through the posts at one my regular reading spots (you can find my list to your right and also with descriptions in this post) I came upon a post by Jenny over at Geek in Heels sharing a fun and intruiging writer's toy.

The "I Write Like" site will analyze a sample of your writing and tell you which great writer your writing most resembles. Obviously, I couldn't resist, and like Jenny, wanted to test several samples before taking one name as the writer I was most like.

My results?

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



I write like
Dan Brown

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



I decided to list both of these results, because they both came up repeatedly. However, I am ashamed to say I have never even read a page of David Foster Wallace. Any reading suggestions of his? I have read the DaVinci Code, but not Angels and Demons, so I suppose we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Interestingly, I also got the results of Nobokov, Arthur Conan Doyle and James Joyce - each once. These were all using samples from different posts on this blog.

Ready to test your writing? Tell me what you get or link back here so I can see it!

2 comments:

  1. Cory Doctorow! Which I'm ok with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It's interesting that it works so well! I wonder how...

    ReplyDelete