19 September 2010

Halloween 2010: Nosh

Who doesn't want to talk about food, right?
While I don't plan out an entire meal for my annual Halloween party, I certainly want to provide a spread of snacks and drinks for the party. However, until this year, it seems I haven't made anything especially tasty or fun! I know, how uncharacteristic of me.
(This gravestone cake comes from Martha Stewart's website. I feel bad that I have so many links to her website, but she just has a lot of great Halloween ideas!)

So as there are no desserts, snacks or drinks to reminisce on, instead, let's forge ahead with some really fun ideas that I'm looking into. Plus, I'll categorize to make it easy to navigate because I love lists.

Cupcakes: As you might have noticed, I love cupcakes. Not only are they simpler to deal with than a cake, they are just adorable most of the time. While my "Hello, Cupcake!" book has a few ideas, here's a few that I have seen on the interwebs. For the zombies who make it to your party and refrain from eating their fellow guests, serve some Brain Cupcakes by Martha.

Decorative Treats: Now, though that sounds like a weird category, there are some things that are kind of cookies, kind of not. They would be things like these meringue bones or the tuile ghosts and bats. They are tasty, but they are also great to place in or around other desserts or snacks.

Drinks: Since I'm 21, I could potentially serve alcoholic drinks, but since all my friends are underage and I know nothing about alcohol, we'll stick to spooky drinks of the non-intoxicating type. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding any neat-o drinks, only a recommendation from a friend to ice some punch with eerie ice cubes (more on that later). Any ideas?

So that's all I've got for now, and I'll come back with more details and ideas as I start to test out a few of these recipes. Any nifty Halloween foods you really love? Or maybe you just like your trick-or-treat booty?

No comments:

Post a Comment